BashStyle-NG is a graphical tool and function chain that lets you do more with GNU Bash
BashStyle-NG consists of a graphical tool and a functionchain.
The graphical tool (bashstyle) is used to easily change a huge amount options
regarding Bash, Readline, VIm and Nano. The configuration is stored using ConfigOBJ.
The functionchain is used to realize the setup when starting a new Bash.
Besides a diversity of additional functions or wrappers is provided.
Another thing shipped is dirinfo (a simple, in-progress directory-indexing
mechanism for the shell), aswell as a first-run-wizard.
12 different prompt-styles are shipped, all of them can be modified using the
GUIs built-in custom-prompt-builder (CPB).
Every option and every function is described in the documentation.
Screenshots (click for larger size):
License: GNU GPL v3
Overview of changes in v8.4 “Mind The Gap”
=== NOTES ===
- BashStyle-NG uses ConfigObj for storing configuration. Since version 5.0.0 ConfigObj supports Python 3.2 and 3.3. If your distribution ships an older version of ConfigObj, use the –python=/path/to/python2 configure flag to ensure python2 is being used.
=== Bug fixes ===
- #148 (alias): fix aliases #8 and #9 set from UI weren’t setup on Bash
- #149 (count_files): -f/+f and -d/+d params were exchanged
- #150 (debian): make bashstyle-ng exlicitely depend on python-configobj
- #151 (make): fix generating pot file for bs-ng-wizard
- #152 (configure): fix detection of python version if it’s an release-candidate
- #153 (python3): full python3 support (ConfigObj only supports 3.2 and 3.3 officially)
=== New Features ===
- direxpand: Bash >= 4.3 features a new shopt: direxpand. Enabling this causes Bash to expand directory names in completion like Bash 4.1 did.
- globasciiranges: Bash >= 4.3 features a new shop: globasciirange. Enabling this causes Bash to use character ordering like in the C locale when globbing ranges.
- show-mode-in-prompt: New readline option to show the current editing mode in the prompt
=== Misc. Changes ===
- minor UI improvement (tabs on the left, smaller icons on tabs, text below icons on tab)
- add “Report Bugs” button to the about dialog
- updated and completed german translation
- configure 4.2.3: add –bashrc option to pass a specific system wide bashrc (required for bashstyle-ng init)
- bump supported python versions to 3.3 (only if you have ConfigObj 5)