NanoDroid for lets you pseudo-debloat the ROM, install microG, F-Droid, FOSS apps, GNU Bash, GNU Nano, Zelda ringtones and sounds.
NanoDroid is a installer for various OpenSource related things, most noticably microG and F-Droid. It supports direct /system installation, both devices with or without A/B partition scheme, aswell as Magisk Mode (module) installation. It also includes several tools (eg. GNU Bash, GNU Nano, more), scripts, fonts, sounds and additional features (system debloating, init scripts, automatic logcat creation), aswell as a companion F-Droid Repository.
Furthermore it allows the user to do fine-graded installations using configuration files, which allow to choose what to install, or if several alternatives are available, which of them.
NanoDroid allows you to choose between the official microG GmsCore and a custom microG GmsCore (default).
In order for full microG experience NanoDroid contains a modified Play Store which allows (in-)app-purchases with microG, which would normally not be possible. It also tries to remove all previously installed GApps on it’s own. For ROMs without builtin signature spoofing support NanoDroid includes an on-device Patcher which tries to patch your ROM from TWRP.
Versions until 15.1 were called NanoMod, starting with 16.0 they’re called NanoDroid.
More information about Magisk
NanoDroid XDA Support Thread
- Stable Releases [Nanolx]
- Beta Releases [Nanolx]
- Stable Releases [AFH] (incl. Archive)
- Beta Releases [AFH] (incl. Archive)
- microG and it’s companions
- on-device framework-patcher for microG support (signature spoofing)
- F-Droid and it’s privileged extension
- modified Play Store to allow (in-)app-purchases with microG
- alternatively Yalp Store or Aurora Store can be installed instead
- custom init scripts
- pseudo-debloat feature (Magisk-only)
- disables applications systemless-ly
- pre-configured default settings
- several Open Source applications
- include replacements for the pseudo-debloated applications
- additional components
- GNU Bash shell
- GNU Nano terminal editor
- various shell utilities
- nanodroid-overlay script with various features
- The Legend of Zelda ringtones and sounds