HomebrewFilter is a homebrew launcher for Wii and vWii
== About ==
The HomebrewFilter is an drop-in replacement for the Homebrew Channel – it allows Homebrew applications to be loaded and sorted, among other more outstanding opportunities.
Compared to the Homebrew Channel, the HomebrewFilter features the following additional functionality (Wii version has several more):
- load Homebrew from SD, USB or both
- load Homebrew from FAT, NTFS or EXT2/3/4 formatted devices
- categorize Homebrew (without the need to change directories)
- download additional content directly from within The HomebrewFilter (Fonts, Themes, Languages)
- on-the-fly updates via network connectivity
- child-lock mode
- screen adjustment options
- edit meta.xml from within the HomebrewFilter
- debugging WiFi and SD-Card (SD//config/HBF/debug.txt)
=== Installation ===
Run the Installer from any Loader (HBC, whatever). Requirements: HW_AHBPROT access or IOS236.
For the standalone Version install the Forwarder using a WAD Manager and place the app-folder in SD/USB:/apps/
=== Flavours ===
Starting with rev42 the HBF comes in 4 flavours:
- Wii Installer: installs the fullchannel for Wii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter/)
- Wii Standalone: standalone boot.dol with forwarderchannel for Wii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter.Standalone/)
- vWii Installer: installs fullchannel for vWii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter.vWii/)
- vWii Standalone: standalone boot.dol with forwarderchannel for vWii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter.vWii.Standalone/)
All versions are updatable via online-update. Don’t change paths – will result in non-working updates/forwarders.
Don’t install vWii version on Wii and vice versa (channels won’t load else).
Detailed information in German can be found in the Wiiki.
=== ChangeLog ===
//rev47: - build against libruntimeiospatch 1.5.3 - rename "SD Gecko" to "SD Card Debug Log" in Settings - rename "Wifi Gecko" to "Wifi Debug Log" in Settings - only scan list of available IOS once per session - disable 'SD Card Gecko' by default (debug log on SD Card), because it's causing a MASSIVE slow down when opening an app's details dialog the first time in a session, when using a shitty class 2 or whatever SD Card - fixed that newly build vWii forwarder accidently was the same than the Wii forwarder - fixup BootMii (IOS) detection on Wii - fixup showing device icon for apps - add ISO0 (any version) to list of known stub IOS (it's a custom IOS installed by several old apps) - update german translation
=== Downloads ===